Sunday, February 26, 2006

Normal entry

Well, because I'm such a nice person I feel like sh*t. I asked ex if I could claim Austin on my taxes this year - see we rotate years and I claimed him last year. Now I asked because I had NOTHING to claim this year. Last year I had Austin and the year before I still had my house, this year I had nothing and ex has a son with his fiancee so he claimed him and he let me claim Austin - with one catch, I would let him skip one month of child support. I agreed. It BY FAR worked to my advantage. Well ex called me on Friday and asked if I claimed the daycare, I explained that I had because I asked the accountant about it and he said that if ex isn't claiming the child, he can't claim the daycare costs. Ex rumbled under his breath... He owes the government $2,600 and that's with claiming his other son and his house! You ask how he owes so much? I found it's because he claims 5 and single! 5!! Anyhow, now I feel bad that I claimed Austin but if I hadn't, it would be me who owes $2,600, it's stupid I know but I feel guilty about this.

We had 1.5 bathrooms remodeled while we were gone. They were supposed to be finished while we were gone, we've almost been back for a week and they still aren't done.

We're finally unpacked.

Now that we are back we have to plan a party/reception. We've decided that we are going to - as nicely as possible - tell people that we prefer monetary gifts, if they feel the need to get us something. We don't NEED anything. We combined my house and Bill's house and trust me when I say it's full. I honestly can't think of ONE thing that we need where as with money, we can keep remodeling. We have a full bath downstairs that still needs remodeled and a new deck put on. The money would go a long way compared to a vase we don't need. Anyone know of a good way to word this? I don't want to sound like I'm asking them for a gift/money, kwim?


Bill's mom is going to be over bearing about this party. God give me strength to stand up for what we want and tell her all the things we don't want.


I forgot to mention a story from our trip:
A little embarrassing:At the Jamaican airport they 'searched' our bags and found my
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=86962&catid=21305&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=21305&trxp2=86962&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH] and pulled it out and inspected it for all to see. *blush* I mean the guy was holding in the air at eye level. I don't think he realized what it was at least not until he smiled. Good thing he was wearing gloves!

I'm somebody's wife.


No comments: