Thursday, February 23, 2006

Jamaica - part 2

**Wednesday - Day 3 (Wedding day)**

We wake up and are pleased to see the sun is shining!! I had my 8:00 hair appointment so when I left I told Bill to keep on top of our stuff at the laundry and make sure we have it by 9.
I get back from my appointment around 9 and still no dress… We call around 9:15 and they say we’ll have it by 9:30. We call at 9:40 – when it’s still not here – and they say it’s on the way. 9:45 it arrives. We have to get dressed and make it to the other side of the resort in 15mins. I can do it, no problem, all I have to do is undress, slip into my dress, zip up and slip on shoes. Bill, on the other hand, had to put on the shirt, the tie, the pants, belt, socks, tie shoes etc etc etc. but we made it. Whew… nothing like making us sweat BEFORE the ceremony.
We arrive at the gazebo to get married and we’re a little early so they snap a few pictures. Now, the gazebo is located on the au natural side or should I say ‘clothing optional’ side. Right at the top of the walkway, where I walked down (the aisle), was a couple on their bottom floor balcony butt naked. So I walk down the ‘aisle’, get to Bill (God I love him), meet the minister (whatever his title was) and start the ceremony when Bill and I notice that right behind the minister is the naked couple. We could see them in all their glory the whole time we got married. :lol: After the ceremony, we signed the marriage license, we cut and ate the cake, and drank the champagne. Then it was picture time. Oh yea, our photographer, Roge, was our best man and he informed us later while taking pictures that he was a farmer of Ganja – aka: marijuana.
After pictures we went back to the room and changed that’s when I noticed both of my baby toes had blisters the size of dimes which constricted from wearing anything other than my flip-flops for the rest of the trip :doh: and then we went to lunch. That’s when the weather started turning…it got cloudy and rained. Thank God 10am was the only available time for our wedding – it was THE BEST time!
After lunch we went back to our room where we consummated the wedding ;), showered and napped and it was then I realized that I was starting to feel a yeast infection.
We got up from our naps (still not able to go outside with the terrible weather) and got ready for our 6 o’clock dinner reservations at the Piacere, the French restaurant but we called Austin before leaving the room (we found out when we got there that the calling card we bought was useless…). Dinner was AWESOME! Had we gone to a restaurant like that around here, we would’ve paid $100+ - um, they gave me sorbet to cleanse my pallet before the main course!
Then we went to the Piano bar for a little karaoke where the couple that gave us the bottle of rum was there and the wife sang Fly to the moon by Sinatra for us. She did a great job and again, so sweet of her. It was an awesome song.
We met some more people, who we hung out with quite a bit afterwards and even exchanged email addresses, one of them being my sister’s neighbor! No lie. She lives off the 2nd hole on a golf course and he lives off of the 5th hole on the SAME golf course! It’s a small world.
On our way back to our room, I was confronted by a couple who saw us get married where she showered me with compliments telling me I was the prettiest bride of the whole day because since their room is on the au natural side they get to see all the weddings. The prettiest bride of the day? That’s a huge compliment; I’ll take it.

To be continued…

No comments: