Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Road Kill

I've killed my first [crazy ass] squirrel yesterday on my way to the post office. I saw it dart out in the street but there was no way I could stop, swerve or anything and I just waited for the dreaded *thud* when *thud*, it happened. I just shuttered. Normally, when the [crazy ass] squirrel runs under my truck they walk away unscathed. Not this time. I watched my rearview mirror for confirmation [because maybe - just maybe - I ran over a rock] and there it was, a little squirrel twitching on the road. :(

Now, the only thing worse than killing a squirrel and seeing it twitch in the road is the fact that it happened ON MY WAY to the post office - meaning - I had to drive past it when I came home... only to see a bird already picking it apart. Gah! How awful.

What a traumatic day.

No comments: