Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Austin is so sweet.

Austin was with his father Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun this past week so last night was the first time I had seen him in a while. This morning while we were getting ready he said to me, "Oh! I have books for my baby brother or sister."

And I replied, "Where'd you get them from, Meg? (thinking ex gave him books that his little brother didn't read anymore).

And he said, "No. I bought them at the used book sale at school. I bought Oh no! The train won't go and It's always night time in the day time with your eyes closed".

How freaking sweet/thoughtful is he? He has always had a big heart but this just makes my cup runneth over.

Second in line for journal worthy news.... my sister.

She's 36wks pregnant and she went to the doctor yesterday for her first weekly check-up which included an internal and guess what? She's already 50% effaced and 4 (YES FOUR!!) centimeters dilated!!!! The doctor said, "Want to have the baby on Wednesday?" My sister was so freaked - she didn't think there would be any dilation - so she was sweating the whole way home from her appointment with a stress and joy combination.
So this morning I ask what she's decided and I think she has decided to have the baby Wednesday so that 1) their son can go to daycare and 2) I can be there b/c if Kyle weren't in daycare, then I'd have to watch him and miss the birth... but then she said to me this morning, "but I don't think I'm going to make it until tomorrow, I've already had sharp pains, they aren't consistent but they are there." And with them doing the internal yesterday, they could've opened pandora's box - so to speak!! Anyhow, her husband is freaking out about having the baby today on 6-6-06 but there's not much she can do...


So I'll update again once baby Ainsley arrives. Could be tonight, could be tomorrow!!

No comments: