Wednesday, June 28, 2006

16wk appt

Well, it was pretty boring. My blood pressure was 112/58 and I think I gained 3lbs (according to them...).

However, the baby's h/b went from 157 @ 12wks to 140 now... He said it was normal. That made me nervous after being anxious to start with... To me, that's a big drop but he told me that I didn't have to read between any lines with him b/c if there's something to worry about, he'll tell me.
Also, I asked him about my headaches and he prescribed me codeine and an anti-nausea pill.


And last but not least, I asked him why my butt/thighs were getting so big. He said that it was from an increase in estrogen. So I said, "Is that why they say that you carry girls in the butt/hips (low) and boys out front (high) (even though I thought that was the other way around for some reason) b/c of the extra estrogen that you get from your daughter?" And he said, "Yea."

So none of my mid-wives tales are clear cut for one sex or the other, even the Chinese chart says both when you look at two different ones.

My "big" sono is July 21 and it will be in Baltimore no matter how much I asked that it not be (Baltimore is like 1.5hrs away and last time it took all day and neither Bill nor myself wanted to miss another day of work.) b/c that's where I went for the genetic counceling and he said that they really know what they are doing there and can pick up very subtle measurements and with my age, he wants me to go there even though all my results came back great. It will be a level II. I wanted at least a 3D, I've never had one before and this could be my last pregnancy... I'm bummed about that.
That's about it.


Also, he said that I should be feeling the baby more at 17wks.

No comments: