Friday, August 17, 2018

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

I'm convinced that Ernest Cline is a genius (as is Wade Watts).

The book was brilliant, yet wordy. I was getting tired of all the descriptions and being as I listened to this on audio, I couldn't exactly skim over those parts as I probably would have if I read the book.

I've wanted to read this for a long time and then my son read it and I figured I should now step up and read it so we could talk about it. Reading it after him, yikes. It's labeled YA, he's 11.5 and I figured that he was reading so the good outweigh the bad but some of the scenes made me cringe as I listened to it knowing that he read the same.

There's not much to say about the book that hasn't already been said. I couldn't always wrap my brain around this massive virtual reality (especially at the beginning, it got a little easier as I went) game. I'm not a gamer but man if I wasn't relating to stuff I hear my kids say when playing Fortnite. LOL

All of the 80's references were wonderful.

No comments: