Friday, August 3, 2018

In The Vines by Shannon Kirk

What a stunning cover.

After seeing this book all over Instagram, I found that I was able to request a copy from Netgalley and was approved. I was excited to start this as soon as I got it so thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing me with a copy.

Dark dark dark, just the way I like them. It wasn't an easy read for me though. It was all over the place and some of it was quite unbelievable to me BUT the rest of the book was whacked, also, just the way I like them so it's a little difficult for me to review. I will say, at times, it was gory so be aware of this.

The book is told in alternating narratives and time frames (past and present) with Mary Olivia Pentecost (MOP for short) as one of our narrators and Aunty Liv Vandonbeer as the other one. It's a story of one of the wealthiest and closest New England families and what's happened over the past 2 years. I'll give you a hint. Lies were told. Crimes were committed. There was love and death.

Sidenote: I love that Aunty has a "Glory hole" in her kitchen while mine is just a "junk drawer".

No comments: