Saturday, August 11, 2018

A Gathering of Secrets by Linda Castillo

4.5/5 - This book was written really well which is why I rounded my rating up and not down.  The only reason I didn't give it a full 5 stars is because I was able to read between the lines and figure out "who done it" by a certain point.

This book is not easy to read.  It's starts with a suicide,  someone is burned alive, there's rape and  murder; it's tough and Kate Burkholder has her work cut out for her.  The Amish like to keep their secrets and coupled with her own past, it's not an easy case by any means for her.  As she very slowly puts 2 & 2 together, her own life is put in jeopardy.

If you haven't already started this series, I highly recommend it.  It's one I look forward to every year and I'm never disappointed.

No comments: