Friday, July 21, 2006

It's a BOY!

I had my level II sono today and they did not do it in 3D or 4D just the regular ol' sono machine... when I asked, the lady said, "We don't do 3D here for fun." For fun?? Anyhow...

The sonographer was training an intern so the intern (who looked like a smaller Kate Winslet) did the measurements and the sonographer watched/helped. They were more professional than friendly. They didn't show us (Austin) much fun stuff, they were all about measurements. And when they walked out of the room, I said to Bill that they didn't give us any pics and that's when the intern came back in the room and said, "Let me print you some pictures." She printed 4 and 2 of them are the same. Not to be inconsiderate but gee thanks... The last time we went there at 12wks we got like 10 pics and the sonographer did her best to get good cute pics just for us. Not this time.

Now the fun stuff. The heart rate was 138 and IT'S A BOY! Very clearly a boy, might I add. The pics they gave me were 2 side profiles, one of the baby's feet crossed and one of his penis - no spine, no arms, no legs, no toes, no nothing... Poor Austin was bored and to top it off, he wanted a sister.

I'll scan the pics when I get to work on Monday, right now, I'm going to take a nap.

They did say that everything looked great.

We're all thrilled. Bill was calling his friends saying that they had enough boys between them that they could carry on the card games. I think he's more excited about a boy than he thought he would be.

No comments: