Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm back from Alaska!

We had a great time!

And despite whatever anyone said, the weather in Alaska is (was) beautiful!! It was sunny & 65 - 72 deg almost everyday and it only sprinkled on us once for about a 15 min period on the 4th of July in Juneau. We did get to see fireworks before we left Skagway and it was kind of weird to see fireworks at 11pm with mountains as your back drop b/c the sky was still too light for the fireworks to actually show up had they shot them that high. We got to see whales and bald eagles and the scenery was breath taking.

All-in-all we had a blast! The traveling was tiring though... wore me out. Saturday morning the ship had breakfast from 6-8am so we woke at 6:30am and went to breakfast...

Let's put it this way...

6:30am Saturday, we were in Alaska
6:30pm Saturday, we were in Las Vegas
6:30am Sunday, we were in Baltimore

Yesterday we got home at 9am, slept from 10:30am - 2:30pm, and went back to bed at 8:30pm and I finally feel rested.

Pics... well, it could be a couple of days before I post pics. We bought a new camera before we left and I still need to download the software and figure all of that out and then I will load it at work so I can upload the pics to my Yahoo acct from here since it would take DAYS to upload all the pics from my lousy 24bps dial-up connection at home. I'll let you know when I'm done.

It's true what they say, there's no place like home. I had a great time but I'm glad to be back!

No comments: