Monday, May 8, 2006

Update

Ok. I've stopped spotting as of Saturday.

I've started to feel optimistic about this pregnancy again but I just can't get one thing the doctor said out of my head to allow myself to be completely optimistic. In other words, until I hit 12/13 wks, I will still have some doubts.

What the dr said was:
"Most miscarriages happen because of too many chromosomes, like more than one sperm has fertilized the egg. It's like building a house with 5 sets of blueprints, you can only build it so high before it falls over."

I don't know why this is nagging at me but it is.

Plus, I got on the scale again this morning - at 8wks 5d I'm at a weight gain of 6lbs. I can't seem to slow it down. I think a lot of it is bowel distention but .... who knows - I could just be trying to kid myself.
-------------------------

Plus I need to rant about my mother. All she does is gossip. When I was spotting I called to tell her and she added me her prayer chain at church which was great. But no sooner did I hang up that she called my older sister and my youngest brother. *IF* I wanted them to know, I would've called them. I told her b/c she was my mother and I figured would want to know. But it seems that the only reason she 'wants' to know is so that it gives her something to talk about.

So after my appointment, I called her to tell what the doctor said. And I tell her that my sisters 26wk old stillborn (Cole) meant a whole lot more to my doctor when he found out that we were identical twins and - No Lie - she *gasped* and repeated to her husband this:"Cole meant a lot more to Sharon's doctor than her (own) 3 m/c's." WTF? When did I say that? I swear she's crazy. I corrected her and got off the phone rolling my eyes. I just can't talk to her anymore. She drives me batty.[/rant]

No comments: