Sunday, June 17, 2012

Wallflower in Bloom by Claire Cook

In a word, cute. I own several of Claire Cook's books but I've not read any of them yet... I can't pass up the covers, they are always just so so... cute, they pull me right in. However, I read this one and I loved Claire's wit and storytelling, I smiled quite a bit.

Anyhow, this book was about a girl, Deidre (Dee), who is a personal assistant and so much more to her famous brother, Tag. She feels like a wallflower, unnoticed, overlooked in life. Then one day, in a fit of rage, she had a little too much to drink and registered herself in a Dancing with the Stars contest and used her social networking skills to promote herself. I won't tell you how this turns out but Dee is starting to get noticed and she likes it.

Light enjoyable beach read. Definite recommend.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks! Needing a fun read right now. Adding this one to my stash. :)

Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit said...

Awwwww this does sound like a sweet read for the summer! Great review! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Feel free to stop by my blog!
SeeitORreadit