Sunday, June 10, 2012

Monarch Beach by Anita Hughes

3.5 stars for Monarch Beach... generally I "like" chick lit. Normally it's light and fun without much substance. This was pretty much just that but I liked it more than I thought I would, I think because there were things I wasn't expecting.

The story is about a woman, Amanda, who catches her husband cheating on her, only to find out that he's been cheating on her throughout their entire marriage. Her mother books a getaway for them so they can spend their summer at a 5-star hotel and 'heal' at the beach. While she is healing, she meets someone who helps her take her mind off her soon-to-ex and his indiscretions. The end of the summer is a whirlwind for Amanda, a summer she's not likely to forget.

I read another review that said an epilogue would've been nice to tell us how things panned out for Amanda over the next the year or so and I have to agree 100%, it feels as if the story ended a little too soon.

I will recommend.

No comments: