Monday, October 30, 2006

This weekend

This weekend was not a good one…

First of all, Bill worked all day Saturday – nothing new (he works like 75-80hrs a week) – but I was looking forward to seeing him when he got home.

Well, he called from work and told me that my BIL (my sister’s husband) called him and asked him if he wanted to play cards – more specifically a Texas Hold ‘Em tournament. What he didn’t tell me (I had already spoke to my sister and she told me) was that it was a Bachelor party. I, of course, said something about it being a bachelor party and Bill apologized for not mentioning it and he felt bad b/c now it looked like he was trying to hide something when really all he wanted to do was play cards. He was asking me if he could go – knowing full well that I wanted some time with him and I told him that he made his own decisions. I was trying to make the point that I’m not his mother; I’m his wife.

So he comes in, helps the guy doing the bathroom remodeling for a few minutes and comes up to jump in the shower. I asked him if he was going and he said, “I want to.” At that point, I told him that it would be a very bad decision on his part but it didn’t stop him. He rushed in the shower and out the door. Man, was I pisssed. Did I mention that I don’t see Bill on Wednesday’s b/c he’s playing Texas Hold ‘Em and he doesn’t get home until 12-12:30am when I’m already asleep (and he leaves the house most mornings before I wake up)? I had to tell Austin that if I was a little snappy that it wasn’t his fault b/c I was upset with Bill – thank God he’s old enough to understand.

Sunday comes around and I’m full of attitude. I asked, “Were there strippers?” And there was. That just put me over the top. Now, I have never been one to mind if Bill went to a “Gentleman’s Club” but he doesn’t go so it’s not an issue (not to mention in a club they are on stage with a no touching rule). However, I did find out bachelor party – sit on your lap, put boobs in your face, dance in your living room – strippers, bother me – A LOT. Maybe it’s b/c I’m 33wks PREGNANT and my husband never tells me that he finds me attractive nor do I feel attractive at 30lbs above normal weight but he was tripping over his own two feet to get out the door to go see some strippers.

Now in all fairness to Bill, I know he wasn’t going to see the strippers but I’m pregnant and irrational and still pisssed about it. I know it; I admit it but dammn it if I didn’t wait all day for an apology and in the end, I basically asked him to apologize. He did and he was actually sincere saying that the only reason he was in a hurry was so that he could eat and he was anxious about playing in a tournament with other guys – it was not at all about the strippers (in my eyes, they were a perk :rolleyes: ). He really wanted to see how well he would do up against strangers in Texas Hold 'Em. He doesn’t expect me to understand. The thing is I do understand but I told him before he left that he was making a [u]very bad[/u] decision – one that he heard about all weekend.

Also, I wonder if I would’ve been AS angry had he told me up front that it was a bachelor party? The fact that he kept that under wraps let me make up all kinds of things in my mind. I really don’t like thinking of the stripper aspect of it all… And he barely knew the guy, he’s met him, I think, twice before.

Was I really all that irrational? Would you have been angry?

No comments: