Friday, October 13, 2006

My sister - My baby shower

This is a vent.

So my sister is trying to help my SIL plan my baby shower. She's seems adamant about doing so and will take no help from me to even help with food. I could go on about the details but I'll get to the meaty stuff.

April 2004, my sister had her first child, my nephew Kyle. Her best friend and I talked about throwing her a "surprise" shower but never got knee deep into details before she had a tizzy thinking that no one was throwing her a shower b/c neither her or dh had heard anything. I tried telling her that that's what a "surprise" was all about but she wouldn't hear of it and just got pisssy (went as far as calling me liar) and told me to forget it that her husband was going to throw her shower - so he did but not before things got really ugly between us due to her behavior.

Now...

Can you guess?
It's being thrown in my face. Just today I heard how someone should've thrown her a shower blah blah blah... I told her that we tried but she threw a tizzy and she said, "Poor Kyle" (like he missed out on something) "You still could've thrown one." and then "I'm not getting into this..." and logged off of IM without me being able to say another thing.


Why does my family have to be so difficult? I never asked her to offer to help with my shower. I have so much stress in my life right now with the bathroom, Austin etc... and all morning my sister was trying to help relieve my stress when she throws this on my shoulders. I wanted to tell her that she didn't have to do anything for me but she didn't let me.
I can't say that I didn't expect this sooner or later...

No comments: