Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman

I'd give this one 3.5/5 stars.  I didn't round up because there are lot of unanswered questions at the end of this one and the ending confused me.  Maybe there's going to be a sequel that answers all of our questions.

The book starts with Erin digging a grave with her dead husband next to her.  As I read, I couldn't fathom how Mark would die.  The book then backs up a little and gives you foresight into how they got to that point.

Erin and Mark are on their honeymoon.  They make a startling discovery when they find Something in the Water (see what I did there?).  The choices they make along the way might startle you but nothing will prepare you for the end.

Tampax - LOL - if you read it, you know.

I'm really enjoying the audio books.  This book was narrated by the author, Catherine Steadman, and I loved her voice.  It was really easy to listen to and read well. 

I still wonder if a book rating would change for me if I were to read it first instead of listening to it first but it's not something I'll ever be able to find out since you can only read/listen to a book as a virgin once.  After that, you know.

No comments: