Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain


What a book. Once again Diane Chamberlain doesn't let me down. I knew I was going to read this book just because Diane Chamberlain wrote it, never read the synopsis and boy was I surprised to find out what it was about, what a tough subject matter. My heart broke. I'm sure I will think of the Hart's for some time; they found their place in my heart.

Ivy and Mary Ella Hart lose their parents and are now being raised by their grandmother, Nonnie on a tobacco farm where they all work. A new case worker, Jane, is hired to work their case and she gives it all she has and then some. The more she gets to know them and the others on the farm (the Jordan's), the more she learns of the secrets and lies on the farm creating a plot that quickly unravels.


Definite recommend.

No comments: