Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim

Don't pass this one up!  I LOVED this book....EVERY word of it.  This is another one of those books that I would give more than 5 stars too if I could.  I liked it even more than The Help, which is a fair comparison to some extent.

This book was set in the 1800's and was about a little girl, Elizabeth (or Lisbeth) and her wet nurse, Mattie, who became very attached to each other over the years.  Their bond was like no other and then one day Mattie fled in hopes to be free.  Over the years Lisbeth longed to know if Mattie was ok, to know if she made it to Ohio safely but 10 yrs would pass without a word.

I don't want to give too much away in my review but I didn't want this book to end.  I loved the characters and I wanted more.  In a word, Excellent!

No comments: