Saturday, November 3, 2007

Abdominal sono update

I've been so busy lately that I forgot to update everyone on my abdominal sonogram.

I got the results about a week ago. They were specifically looking at my liver and that came back normal. However, they measure everything and they found that my spleen is enlarged. Not what I was expecting to hear... but they said that's not so enlarged that they are concerned. It's 12cm and they said that when they talk about someone having an enlarged spleen they are talking of one that measures 20cm+. He did say that it could explain the elevated bilirubin (bilirubin is the waste material that red blood cell leave behind when they die) since that's where the red blood cells die.

So that's it in a nutshell. We will be keeping an eye on things but right now he's not too concerned.

No comments: