Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A weird phone call

You'll never guess who called me yesterday. My ex mother-in-law. It's funny how she called me right after her family had a get-together. She said that she found out my new last name from last year's Christmas card and she called information to get my number. Now, maybe this is true but I have a feeling that ex gave her my number when he saw her on Sunday. I'm sure she asked and he handed it right over but she wouldn't tell me that.

It was an odd conversation. I mean, I always did get along with ex's parents and I even said to Bill one day that it was shame that I didn't / couldn't keep in touch with them but there were long pauses where she didn't know what to say so I had to keep filling in the blanks. She called me and I had to keep coming up with the topic of conversations. Mainly b/c so much time has passed so there's not a ton we can talk about plus the fact that she's my ex-husband's mother but it was nice to hear from her. I will admit though, I was a bit relieved my dad called on the other line and it was time to end the conversation.

I have a feeling that that won't be the last time that I hear from her since she was the one who went of her way to get my phone number and made the first call in probably 3yrs. We'll see.

No comments: