Thursday, November 16, 2006

36wks and a ton of stuff to do

I went to the doctor yesterday (11/15) and I'm not yet dialated or effaced. However, I am HOT and I'm can tell I'm starting to swell - for the first time I had to take off my wedding and engagement rings today (after first running my hands under cold water and lathering up with dish soap). I felt nekkid not wearing them all day.

I FINALLY got Austin out of Jack's room and into his new room downstairs and we FINALLY got Jack's room painted, however, there is still a ton left to do.

1. We need to put up the chair rail in Jack's room.
2. We still need to put up the border in Jack's room.
3. We still need to put up the blinds and valances in Jack's room.
4. We need to bring in the crib and dresser from the shed and get that put together.
5. I need wash all cloth items - and there's a TON - get them all folded and put away.
6. I need to have Thanksgiving somewhere.
7. I need to get and install a car seat.
8. I need to get fitted for nursing bras.
9. I need to cook some meals so that there's something hot to eat for the 1st week or two after Jack's born.
10. I need to finish Austin's bathroom so he can use finally use it.
11. I need to finish Christmas shopping, wrap gifts and put up the tree.
12. I need to pack my hospital bag.

I could go on and on it seems... all because of the freaking contractor who took 9wks to do a 2wk job. I can't even think about him without getting angry and stressed out. So I'm going to put him out of my mind but I'm sure as I'm still trying to finish up the bathroom downstairs and I'm pushing Bill to do what I can't, I'll be thinking of him the whole time.

Thank goodness I had the mindset to use some of my vacation next week. I took off work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday giving me the whole week off since Thanksgiving is Thursday and they always give us off Friday (instead of another holiday). Hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll be able to get a ton done so I can sit back and relax for the remainder of my pregnancy.


That's about it from me for tonight. I'm sure I'll be on next week while taking a break to let you know my progress.

No comments: