Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

This book felt drawn out to me. I liked it but at the same time just felt I was being teased with information the entire book, for example, how many times did Alice ask why her and Nick were getting divorced and no one would answer her or a phone would ring etc... That was annoying me. At first, I was also confused by the letters - Elisabeth's and Frannie's, I'm still not sure why their stories had to be told that way.

This book is a story about a woman who is, basically, in the middle of a mid-life crisis when she falls off her bike in spinning class, hits her head and forgets 10yrs of her life. Her mind takes her back to a simpler time - before her marriage got hard and before she had 3 kids. She left with trying to understand who she is and how to save her marriage.

I'm not sure I'd want to see myself now through the eyes of myself 10yrs ago especially since my life was in such turmoil 10yrs ago but it would be interesting to see how life has changed me.

No comments: