Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield

Well, I wasn't expecting THAT. What a great, well written story.

Every year the Moses family has a reunion. Every year Samuel Lake brings his wife, Willadee, and their three children - after all, Willadee is a Moses but this year, in the midst of the party, the unthinkable happens and the family is shaken, changing their lives forever.

Jenny Wingfield did a great job with her characters because if I'm being Just Plain Honest, I don't think I could pick my favorite character in this book but I'd say it's a toss up between Swan, Blade, Calla or Toy. However, the character I despise, with every ounce of my being, is very clear and even though I'm done with the book, Ras Ballanger, and his actions, will haunt me forever.

Don't go into this book, thinking it's at all light because it has a cute cover. This book is anything but light. It was hard to read at times. Heart wrenching. I fell in love. I was disgusted. I was happy. I was sad.

Definite recommend!

No comments: