Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Home Front by Kristin Hannah


"She had to go away to war and lose almost everything to find what really mattered."

Well, there it is, in one quote, that Kristin Hannah wrote herself, the summary of this whole book. Right now I wish I had a Kindle or had marked pages with good quotes on them because now I can't find them. What an amazing story of love, determination, stubbornness and loyalty.

This book is about a woman, Jolene, who flies a Black Hawk in the military and is deployed to Iraq with her best friend, Tami, who also flies. The day before Jolene got the news that she was getting deployed, her husband told her that he didn't love her anymore. When she left for Iraq she had to cope with leaving her children and worrying about her marriage. As the days passed she just went through the motions until she could see her kids again until one night, her Black Hawk is shot down. Now it's a whole new world and Jolene has to be stronger than she's ever had to be in the past.

I really liked this book and yes, I cried. Not like I did in Night Road but I still wiped away some tears.

Definite recommend.

No comments: