Saturday, October 20, 2007

Worst mother ever! :(

Today my sister, mom and myself were looking at pics on my sisters computer for her to upload to Babygap when we heard a thud. My sister jumped up, my mom jumped up and they both ran upstairs thinking my nephew crawled up to the top bunk and fell off (he's three). My BIL came from the kitchen and said that Kyle fell from the top bunk when they got up there he was still sleeping and my niece was still in her crib.

That's when the crying started and I realized it was JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

He fell down the steps.

A WHOLE freakin' flight of like 10 but he's ok. I freaked out! I ran to him and I don't know how many steps I even hit on my way to him. My sister said that my lips were white. He doesn't even have a scratch but man! what a wake up call. I feel terrible. I've never had such accidents happen - EVER. I'm such a terrible mother.


ETA: That Jack was there with us one minute and down the steps the next and my sister has a gate on the steps but my mom opened when she came back in with the mail b/c all the kids were sleeping, shortly after, Jack woke up and we never thought to close the gate. I mean he was in the room with 3 adults not that it mattered, had I realized the gate was open, I would've close it.

No comments: